(A) Design and construction of containers
The minimum design and construction for containers shall be in accordance with rule 901:5-3-03 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Mounting of containers
All containers shall be securely mounted.
(C) Container valves and appurtenances
(1) Each container shall have a fixed maximum liquid level gage;
(2) The filling connection shall be fitted with combination back-pressure check valve and excess flow valve; one double or two single back-pressure check valves; or a position shut-off valve in conjunction with either an internal back-pressure valve or an internal excess-flow valve;
(3) An excess-flow valve is not required in the vapor connection, provided the controlling orifice is not in excess of seven-sixteenths of an inch in diameter and the valve is a hand-operated (attached hand wheel or equivalent) shut-off valve. To assist in filling applicator tanks, it is permissible to bleed vapors to the open air, providing the preceding requirements are met;
(4) Metering devices may be connected directly to the tank withdrawal valve. A union type connection is permissible between the tank valve and metering device. Remote mounting of metering devices is permissible using hose which meets with the specifications required by rule 901:5-3-08 of the Administrative Code. When the applicator tank is trailed and the metering device is remotely mounted, such as on the tractor tool bar, an automatic break-a-way type, self-closing, coupling must be used;
(5) No excess-flow valve is required in the liquid withdrawal line provided the controlling orifice between the contents of the container and the outlet of the shut-off valve does not exceed seven-sixteenths of an inch in diameter.
(D) Safety equipment
Each piece of farm equipment transporting anhydrous ammonia shall carry a container of at least five gallons of water and shall be equipped with rubber gloves and either a full face mask, or a pair of tight-fitting goggles, or one full face shield. The driver shall be instructed in their use and the proper action to take to provide for his safety.
(E) Marking of container
There shall appear on the rear and both sides of the container in letters at least four inches high the words "ANHYDROUS AMMONIA."
(F) Marking of appurtenances
(1) All container openings, except safety relief valves, liquid level gaging devices, and pressure gages shall be identified by legend or color code as specified in rule 901:5-3-04 of the Administrative Code;
(2) Instructions for loading and unloading procedures shall be required on all containers.