Commercial feeds containing any added non-protein nitrogen shall be labeled as follows:
(A) For ruminants:
(1) Complete feeds, supplements, and concentrates containing added non-protein nitrogen and containing more than five per cent protein from natural sources shall be guaranteed as follows:
"Crude protein, minimum,__________%
(This includes not more than _________ % equivalent protein from non-protein nitrogen)."
(2) Mixed feed concentrates and supplements containing less than five per cent protein from natural sources may be guaranteed as follows:
"Equivalent crude protein from non-protein nitrogen, minimum, ________________%."
(3) Ingredient sources of non-protein nitrogen such as urea, diammonium phosphate, ammonium polyphosphate solution, ammoniated rice hulls, or other basic non-protein nitrogen ingredients defined by the association of american feed control officials shall be guaranteed as follows:
Equivalent crude protein from non-protein nitrogen, minimum,__________ %"
(B) For non-ruminants:
(1) Complete feeds, supplements and concentrates containing crude protein from all forms of non-protein nitrogen, added as such, shall be labeled as follows:
"Crude protein, minimum__________%
(This includes not more than_________% equivalent crude protein which is not nutritionally available to (species of animal for which feed is intended)."
(2) Premixes, concentrates or supplements intended for non-ruminants containing more than 1.25 per cent equivalent crude protein from all forms of non-protein nitrogen, added as such, must contain adequate directions for use and a prominent statement: Warning: This feed must be used only in accordance with directions furnished on the label.
(C) The presence of added non-protein products in medicated feeds shall not require duplication of feeding directions and the warning statement.
(D) For all commercial feeds containing non-protein nitrogen, the label shall have:
(1) The name of each substance which supplies the non-protein nitrogen in the list of ingredients; and
(2) Directions for use and a caution statement when the feed contains equivalent crude protein from all forms of added non-protein nitrogen in excess of:
(a) Eight and seventy-five one hundredths per cent; or
(b) One-third of the total crude protein guarantee; and
(3) A precautionary statement stating the following: "Caution, use as directed." The directions for use and the caution statement shall be in type of such size so placed on the label that they can be read and understood by ordinary people.