This rule applies only to commercially used weighing and measuring devices that are permitted pursuant to section 1327.501 of the Revised Code.
(B) The director may deny a device registration if the weighing or measuring device is:
(1) Not found to be in compliance with requirements of "Handbook 44" as adopted in rule 901:6-1-01 of the Administrative Code;
(2) Not found to be traceable to a certificate of conformance prior to use for commercial or law enforcement purposes as identified in rule 901:6-2-01 of the Administrative Code;
(3) Does not have an identified marking such as a serial or identification number;
(4) Is not making the final validation of the transaction;
(5) Device registration fee has not been paid; or,
(6) The owner has violated any section of 1327.501 of the Revised Code.
(C) The director may conduct inspections and performance testing on any commercial devices that require a device registration permit under section 1327.501 of the Revised Code.
(D) The director must afford an opportunity for a hearing in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code to any owner that is denied a permit under this rule and who requests such hearing.
(E) The department may assess a permit replacement fee of ten dollars for the replacement of permits that are lost, stolen, or destroyed.
(F) The department may assess a late penalty of twenty dollars, if a renewal fee is more than sixty days past due; and a late penalty of ten dollars if a permit replacement fee is more than sixty days past the invoice date.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 6/23/2017 and 09/29/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1327.501, 1327.50
Rule Amplifies: 1327.49, 1327.501
Prior Effective Dates: 09/16/2011