(A) The owner of an amusement ride shall maintain a current maintenance, repair, pre-opening inspection and inspection record for each amusement ride. The owner shall keep these records for not less than two calendar years.
(B) Each owner of an amusement ride or device shall read and become familiar with the contents of the manufacturer's maintenance instructions and specifications. Based on the manufacturer's recommendations, each owner shall implement a program of maintenance, and pre-opening inspections. This program shall encompass all care required for the safe operation of each amusement ride or device.
(C) This program of maintenance shall include a pre-opening checklist to be made available to each person performing the regularly scheduled maintenance on each ride or device. The owner checklist, on a ride-by-ride basis, shall include, but not necessarily limited to:
(1) Description of preventive maintenance assignments to be performed.
(2) Description of inspections to be performed.
(3) Special safety instructions, where applicable.
(4) Any additional recommendations of the owner/operator.
(D) The owner of the amusement ride or device shall provide training for each person performing the regularly scheduled maintenance on the ride or device, pertaining to their assigned duties. This training shall include, but not be limited necessarily to the following:
(1) Description of the ride or device operation including the function and operation of its major components.
(2) Description of the designed motion(s) of the ride or device during operation.
(3) Description of the recommended procedures for installation, setup, disassembly, and transportation of an amusement ride or device.
(4) Recommended lubrication procedures for the amusement ride or device.
(5) Recommended types and specifications of lubricants.
(6) Recommended frequency of lubrication.
(7) A lubrication drawing, chart, or instruction showing the location of lubrication points.
(8) Recommended special method of lubrication, where applicable.
(9) Description of the recommended daily pre-opening inspection to be performed and identification of special care areas and recommended procedures for inspection and maintenance of these areas.
(10) Description, including frequency, of recommended maintenance inspections and testing, other than daily pre-opening inspection.
(11) Recommended wear limits or tolerances, where deemed necessary by the manufacturer.
(12) Recommended operational tests, along with minimum intervals for these tests to be performed, that will allow the owner of the ride or device to determine whether a given ride or device is operating within recommended and prescribed operational limits.
(13) Where applicable, recommended non-destructive testing along with appropriate acceptance criteria, including suggested frequency and the special parts or areas to be tested.
(14) Recommended specifications for the use of replacement fasteners, and recommended torque requirements on fasteners, where applicable.
(15) Schematics of electrical power, lighting, controls, and other systems, including location charts and manufacturer's trouble-shooting guide, where applicable.
(16) Description of recommended maintenance procedures for electrical components.
(17) Schematics of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including recommended pressures, location of components, line specification, fitting specification.
(18) Description of recommended maintenance procedures for hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components.
(19) List of parts used in the assembly of the ride or device or drawings showing component parts and their use.
(20) Recommended procedures to be followed in the event of an extended period of non-operation or storage or both.
(21) Description of recommended assembly and disassembly techniques and procedures, pertaining to specific components, as deemed necessary by the manufacturer.
(22) Recommended restrictions and special procedures, lubricants, materials, or equipment that may be necessary because of environmental conditions.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 901:9-1-05
Prior History: (R.C. 119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1711.53
Rule Amplifies: 1711.53
Prior Effective Dates: 03/20/86, 09/02/2005 )