As used in sections 101.82 to 101.87 of the Revised Code:
(A) "Agency" means any board, commission, committee, or council, or any other similar state public body required to be established pursuant to state statutes for the exercise of any function of state government and to which members are appointed or elected. "Agency" does not include the following:
(1) The general assembly, or any commission, committee, or other body composed entirely of members of the general assembly;
(2) Any court;
(3) Any public body created by or directly pursuant to the constitution of this state;
(4) The board of trustees of any institution of higher education financially supported in whole or in part by the state;
(5) Any public body that has the authority to issue bonds or notes or that has issued bonds or notes that have not been fully repaid;
(6) The public utilities commission of Ohio;
(7) The consumers' counsel governing board;
(8) The Ohio board of regents;
(9) Any state board or commission that has the authority to issue any final adjudicatory order that may be appealed to the court of common pleas under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code;
(10) Any board of elections;
(11) The board of directors of the Ohio insurance guaranty association and the board of governors of the Ohio fair plan underwriting association;
(12) The Ohio public employees deferred compensation board;
(13) The Ohio retirement study council;
(14) The board of trustees of the Ohio police and fire pension fund, public employees retirement board, school employees retirement board, state highway patrol retirement board, and state teachers retirement board;
(15) The industrial commission;
(16) The parole board;
(17) The board of tax appeals;
(18) The controlling board;
(19) The release authority of department of youth services;
(20) The environmental review appeals commission;
(21) The Ohio ethics commission;
(22) The Ohio public works commission;
(23) The self-insuring employers evaluation board;
(24) The state board of deposit;
(25) The state employment relations board
(B) "Abolish" means to repeal the statutes creating and empowering an agency, remove its personnel, and transfer its records to the department of administrative services pursuant to division (E) of section 149.331 of the Revised Code.
(C) "Terminate" means to amend or repeal the statutes creating and empowering an agency, remove its personnel, and reassign its functions and records to another agency or officer designated by the general assembly.
(D) "Transfer" means to amend the statutes creating and empowering an agency so that its functions, records, and personnel are conveyed to another agency or officer.
(E) "Renew" means to continue an agency, and may include amendment of the statutes creating and empowering the agency, or recommendations for changes in agency operation or personnel.
Cite as R.C. § 101.82
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 6/30/2011.
Repealed by 129th General AssemblyFile No.39, SB 171, §5, eff. 12/31/2016.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.55, HB 495, §3, eff. 12/15/2010.
Repealed by 125th General AssemblyFile No.134, HB 516, §6, eff. 12/31/2010.
Effective Date: 09-26-2003; 06-27-2005; 2008 HB79 01-06-2009
Related Legislative Provision: See 129th General AssemblyFile No.39, SB 171, §8
See 128th General AssemblyFile No.55, HB 495, §4