(B) The attorney general may enter into a contract or memorandum of understanding with the national association of drug diversion investigators or its successor organization and, if the attorney general determines it to be appropriate, a person to whom the authority to administer the national precursor log exchange has been delegated. The contract or memorandum shall govern the attorney general's access to and use of information from the exchange and the responsibilities of each party to the contract or memorandum relative to the access and use of the information.
(C) In furtherance of the purpose of the contract or memorandum of understanding as described in division (B) of this section, the contract or memorandum shall include terms that do all of the following:
(1) Authorize the attorney general to obtain real-time access to information from the national precursor log exchange;
(2) Authorize the attorney general to receive, on a weekly basis, a report regarding sales of pseudoephedrine products and ephedrine products in this state as monitored by the exchange, the specific content of which shall be identified in the contract or memorandum;
(3) Authorize the attorney general to disseminate any information obtained pursuant to division (C)(1) or (2) of this section to other state and local law enforcement officers as determined to be appropriate by the attorney general;
(4) Specify that neither the attorney general nor any local or state law enforcement officer is to be charged a fee for access to or use of the national precursor log exchange or information from the exchange authorized by this section or by the contract or memorandum;
(5) Require all parties to the contract or memorandum to comply with federal and state laws governing the confidentiality of patient-specific information;
(6) Specify how the contract or memorandum may be amended or revoked.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.189, HB 334, §1, eff. 3/20/2013.