(A) The superintendent of financial institutions shall adopt rules prescribing standards for extensions of credit that are either of the following:
(1) Secured by liens on interests in real estate;
(2) Made for the purpose of financing the construction of either a building or improvements to real estate.
(B) In prescribing the standards required by division (A) of this section, the superintendent shall consider all of the following:
(1) The risk the extensions of credit pose to the federal deposit insurance funds;
(2) The need for banks to operate in a safe and sound manner;
(3) The availability of credit.
(C) In prescribing the standards required by division (A) of this section, the superintendent may differentiate among types of loans on the basis of any of the following:
(1) Statutory requirements;
(2) Risk to the deposit insurance funds;
(3) The safety and soundness of banks.
(D) The superintendent shall not adversely evaluate an investment or a loan made by a bank, or consider a loan to be nonperforming, solely because the loan is secured by or the investment is in commercial, residential, or industrial property, unless the investment or loan may affect the bank's safety and soundness.
Effective Date: 01-01-1997