(A) For purposes of this section:
(1) "Bankers' bank" means a bank organized to engage exclusively in providing services to other depository institutions and depository institution holding companies and their officers, directors, and employees.
(2) "Bankers' bank holding company" means a corporation that owns or controls, directly or indirectly, a majority of the shares of the capital stock of a bankers' bank, or controls in any manner the election of a majority of the directors of a bankers' bank.
(3) "Depository institution" means a bank, savings and loan association, savings bank, or credit union.
(B) A bank may invest, in the aggregate, up to ten per cent of its capital in shares of a bankers' bank or a bankers' bank holding company, or both.
(1) The voting shares of a bankers' bank shall be owned by twenty or more depository institutions or depository institution holding companies, and no depository institution or depository institution holding company shall own, directly or indirectly, more than fifteen per cent of the voting shares of a bankers' bank.
(2) The voting shares of a bankers' bank shall be owned, directly or indirectly, exclusively by depository institutions, depository institution holding companies, and persons who hold the shares under, or initially acquired them through, a plan for the benefit of the bankers' bank's officers and employees.
(D) No bank or affiliate of a bank shall, directly, indirectly, or acting through one or more other persons, own or control or have the power to vote shares of any of the following:
(1) More than one bankers' bank;
(2) More than one bankers' bank holding company;
(3) Both a bankers' bank and a bankers' bank holding company, unless the bankers' bank is an affiliate of that bankers' bank holding company.
Effective Date: 01-01-1997; 04-06-2007 .