(A) Any number of natural persons, not less than twenty, each of whom is acting in the person's individual capacity and not as the representative, agent, nominee, or trustee for any person, organization, firm, or corporation, whether for profit, or not for profit, not less than three-fourths of whom are citizens of this state, may act as incorporators and become incorporated as a mutual savings bank without capital stock, to be known as a society for savings or a savings society, upon the terms and subject to the limitations prescribed in this chapter and in Chapters 1101. to 1127. of the Revised Code.
(B) Such persons shall subscribe articles of incorporation which must contain:
(1) The name by which such corporation is to be known, which shall include "savings society" or "society for savings" but shall not contain "bank," "banker," "banking," or words of similar meaning in any foreign language;
(2) The particular municipal corporation or township where its business is to be transacted;
(3) A statement that such corporation is formed as a savings society or as a society for savings;
(4) The names and post-office addresses of its trustees, not less than five, who are to serve until the first annual or other meeting called to elect trustees, or to have such other tenure of office as is specified in said articles.
(C) In addition, such articles may contain:
(1) The names of any persons who, together with the subscribers to the articles, are to be members of the corporation upon organization;
(2) Any qualification for membership in such corporation, and the method of selection of members;
(3) Any provision for the purpose of defining, limiting, or regulating the exercise of the powers of the corporation, the trustees, the members, and any class of members.
Effective Date: 01-01-1997 .