1151.191 [Repealed Effective 1/1/2018] Building and loan association may serve as trustee.

(A) A building and loan association may serve as trustee of any trust which qualifies, at the time the association becomes trustee, for tax treatment under section 401 or 408 of the Internal Revenue Code. The association may invest the funds of any such trust in savings accounts or deposits of a domestic building and loan association or in equity or debt securities issued by a domestic building and loan association.

(B) Whenever any deposit or stock deposit is made in a building and loan association by any person in trust for another and no further notice of the existence and terms of a legal and valid trust is given in writing to such association, such deposit or stock deposit or any part thereof together with the dividends or interest thereon may in the event of the death of the trustee be paid to the person for whom the deposit or stock deposit was made.

(C) Any funds held in trust as authorized by division (A) or (B) of this section may be commingled by the trustee association in one or more accounts. Whenever individual trust funds are commingled, separate records shall be maintained by the trustee association for each trust account comprising the commingled fund.

(D) Exercise of the limited trust power granted associations by this section shall not be subject to regulation other than by the superintendent of building and loan associations pursuant to Chapters 1151., 1153., 1155., and 1157. of the Revised Code.

Repealed by 132nd General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 49, §130.23, eff. 1/1/2018.

Effective Date: 04-13-1976; 01-01-2007 .