A building and loan association may make additional loans and investments under divisions (A) and (B) of this section provided that the aggregate balance of such loans and investments does not exceed three per cent of its total assets, unless the sum of the permanent stock, general reserves, surplus, and undivided profits of the association exceeds five per cent of its total assets. In that case, it may hold additional amounts of such assets, not to exceed in the aggregate one and one-half per cent of its total assets for each percentage point by which the sum of its permanent stock, general reserves, surplus and undivided profits exceeds five per cent of its total assets, but the aggregate of all assets held by any association under the authority of this section shall not exceed ten per cent of its total assets.
(A) An association may make any loan or investment authorized by any other section of Chapter 1151. of the Revised Code, except in stock of a service corporation organized pursuant to division (B) of section 1151.344 of the Revised Code, notwithstanding that such loan or investment may exceed the asset limitation of such type loan or investment.
(B) An association may make any of the following loans:
(1) Secured or unsecured loan to its employees and their immediate families not in excess of five thousand dollars;
(2) Interim financing for the purpose of financing construction of modular housing units;
(3) Lines of credit to a builder for the purpose of financing improvements of real property.
(C) In addition to any loans which an association may make under any other section of Chapter 1151. of the Revised Code, an association may invest:
(1) An amount not exceeding the greater of its surplus, undivided profits, and reserves or five per cent of its assets in loans the principal purpose of which is to provide financing with respect to what is or is expected to become primarily residential real estate where the association relies substantially for repayment on all of the following criteria are met :
(a) The borrower's general credit standing and forecast of income, with or without other security;
(b) Other assurances of repayment, including but not limited to a third-party guaranty or similar obligation.
(2) An amount not exceeding five per cent of its assets in loans, advances of credit, and interests therein, secured by residential real estate or real estate used or to be used for commercial farming, which are not otherwise authorized under this chapter.
Effective Date: 12-09-1982 .