(A) A savings and loan association may proceed with a voluntary liquidation and be closed only with both the consent of the superintendent of financial institutions and the prior approval of the shareholders of the savings and loan association by a vote as provided for in its articles of incorporation, if not less than a majority.
(B) Prior to instituting a voluntary liquidation, a savings and loan association shall submit to the superintendent an application for approval of its plan of voluntary liquidation and evidence satisfactory to the superintendent that the plan has been properly adopted by the savings and loan association and approved by its shareholders.
(C) A savings and loan association's plan of voluntary liquidation shall include provisions for all of the following:
(1) The settlement of all debts and liabilities, including the claims of account holders, owed by the savings and loan association;
(2) The distribution of the savings and loan association's assets that remain after the settlement of debts and liabilities to all persons entitled to them;
(3) The disposition or maintenance of any remaining or unclaimed funds, real or personal property, either tangible or intangible, or other assets, whether in trust or otherwise, including the contents of safe deposit boxes or vaults;
(4) The retention of the savings and loan association's records in accordance with section 1155.07 of the Revised Code;
(5) The date upon which the savings and loan association shall cease doing any banking business and surrender its license to the superintendent.
(D) Upon receipt of a plan of voluntary liquidation, the superintendent shall make an examination of the savings and loan association and shall consent to or deny an application for approval of a plan based upon the superintendent's evaluation of whether or not the interests of the savings and loan association's depositors and creditors will suffer by the liquidation.
(E) The superintendent's consent to an application for approval of a plan of voluntary liquidation may be subject to any condition the superintendent determines appropriate under the circumstances.
Added by 128th General AssemblyFile No.45,HB 292, §1, eff. 9/13/2010.
Effective Date: 03-17-1987