(A) A conservator, under the supervision of the superintendent of financial institutions and subject to any limitations imposed by the superintendent, shall have all of the following powers:
(1) To take possession of all books, records of account, and assets of the savings bank;
(2) To have and exercise, in the name and on behalf of the savings bank, all the rights, powers, and authority of the officers and directors of the savings bank and all voting rights of its shareholders;
(3) To collect all debts, claims, and judgments belonging to the savings bank and to take any other action, including the lending of money, necessary to the operation of the savings bank during the conservatorship;
(4) To execute in the name of the savings bank any instrument necessary or proper to effectuate the conservator's powers or perform its duties as conservator;
(5) To initiate, pursue, compromise, and defend litigation involving any right, claim, interest, or liability of the savings bank;
(6) To exercise all fiduciary functions of the savings bank as of the date of appointment as conservator;
(7) To borrow money as necessary in the operation of the savings bank, and to secure those borrowings by the pledge or mortgage of the assets of the savings bank;
(8) To abandon or convey title to any holder of a deed of trust, mortgage, or similar lien against property in which the savings bank has an interest, whenever the conservator determines that continuing to claim that interest is burdensome and of no advantage to the savings bank or its account holders, creditors, or shareholders;
(9) If done within the ordinary course of business or financial affairs of the savings bank and according to ordinary business terms, to sell any and all assets, to compromise any debt, claim, obligation, or judgment due to the savings bank, to discontinue any pending action or other proceeding, and to implement a restructuring of the savings bank in accordance with this chapter.
(B) Title to any assets of the savings bank does not vest in the conservator.
Added by 128th General AssemblyFile No.45,HB 292, §1, eff. 9/13/2010.
Effective Date: 10-23-1991