(A) The TourismOhio advisory board is hereby established to advise the director of development services and the director of the office of TourismOhio on strategies for promoting tourism in this state. The board shall consist of the chief investment officer of the nonprofit corporation formed under section 187.01 of the Revised Code, the director of the office of TourismOhio, and nine members to be appointed by the governor as provided in division (B) of this section. All members of the board, except the director of the office of TourismOhio, shall be voting members.
(1) The governor shall, within sixty days after the effective date of this section, appoint to the TourismOhio advisory board one individual who is a representative of convention and visitors' bureaus, one individual who is a representative of the lodging industry, one individual who is a representative of the restaurant industry, one individual who is a representative of attractions, one individual who is a representative of special events and festivals, one individual who is a representative of agritourism, and three individuals who are representatives of the tourism industry. Of the initial appointments, two individuals shall serve a term of one year, three individuals shall serve a term of two years, and the remainder shall serve a term of three years. Thereafter, terms of office shall be for three years. Each individual appointed to the board shall be a United States citizen.
(2) For purposes of division (B)(1) of this section, an individual is a "representative of the tourism industry" if the individual possesses five years or more executive-level experience in the attractions, lodging, restaurant, transportation, or retail industry or five years or more executive-level experience with a destination marketing organization.
(1) Each member of the TourismOhio advisory board shall hold office from the date of the member's appointment until the end of the term for which the member is appointed. Vacancies that occur on the board shall be filled in the manner prescribed for regular appointments to the board. A member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which the member's predecessor was appointed shall hold office for the remainder of that predecessor's term. A member shall continue in office subsequent to the expiration date of the member's term until the member's successor takes office or until sixty days have elapsed, whichever occurs first. Any member appointed to the board is eligible for reappointment.
(2) The governor shall designate one member of the board as chairperson.
(3) Members appointed to the board may be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred in connection with their official duties.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.129,SB 314, §1, eff. 9/28/2012.