(A) There is hereby created the industrial technology and enterprise advisory council to assist in carrying out programs created pursuant to sections 122.15 to 122.154 and 122.28 to 122.36 of the Revised Code.
(B) The council shall consist of seven members appointed by the governor with the advice and consent of the senate and selected for their knowledge of and experience in industrial research and development, business, higher education, and federal research and development programs with an emphasis on the development of new technology, and use of existing resources in the university and business communities for industrial research, one member of the senate appointed by the president of the senate, and one member of the house of representatives appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives:
(1) No more than four members of the industrial technology and enterprise advisory council appointed by the governor shall be members of the same political party.
(2) The terms of office for the seven members appointed by the governor shall be for seven years commencing on the first day of January and ending on the thirty-first day of December.
(3) Each member shall hold office from the date of appointment until the end of the term for which the member was appointed.
(4) Any member of the council is eligible for reappointment.
(5) As a term of a member of the council appointed by the governor expires, a successor shall be appointed by the governor, with the advice and consent of the senate.
(6) Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which the member's predecessor was appointed shall hold office for the remainder of the predecessor's term.
(7) Any member shall continue in office subsequent to the expiration date of the member's term until the member's successor takes office, or until a period of sixty days has elapsed, whichever occurs first.
(8) Before entering upon official duties, each member shall take an oath as provided by Section 7 of Article XV, Ohio Constitution.
(9) The governor may at any time remove any member appointed by the governor pursuant to section 3.04 of the Revised Code.
(10) Members of the industrial technology and enterprise advisory council shall serve without compensation, but shall be reimbursed for their necessary and actual expenses while engaged in the business of the council.
(11) Five members of the council constitute a quorum.
Effective Date: 06-30-1997
Related Legislative Provision: See 129th General AssemblyFile No.39,SB 171, §4