(A) There is hereby established in the development services agency a business services division. The division shall be supervised by a deputy director appointed by the director of development services.
The division is responsible for the administration of the state economic development financing programs established pursuant to sections 122.17 and 122.18, sections 122.39 and 122.41 to 122.62, and Chapter 166. of the Revised Code.
(B) The director of development services shall:
(1) Receive applications for assistance pursuant to sections 122.39 and 122.41 to 122.62 and Chapter 166. of the Revised Code. The director shall process the applications.
(2) With the approval of the director of administrative services, establish salary schedules for employees of the various positions of employment with the division and assign the various positions to those salary schedules;
(3) Employ and fix the compensation of financial consultants, appraisers, consulting engineers, superintendents, managers, construction and accounting experts, attorneys, and other agents for the assistance programs authorized pursuant to sections 122.17 and 122.18, sections 122.39 and 122.41 to 122.62, and Chapter 166. of the Revised Code as are necessary;
(4) Supervise the administrative operations of the division;
(5) On or before the first day of August in each year, make an annual report of the activities and operations under assistance programs authorized pursuant to sections 122.39 and 122.41 to 122.62 and Chapter 166. of the Revised Code for the preceding fiscal year to the governor and the general assembly. Each such report shall set forth a complete operating and financial statement covering such activities and operations during the year in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and shall be audited by a certified public accountant. The director of development services shall transmit a copy of the audited financial report to the office of budget and management.
Cite as R.C. § 122.64
History. Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 486, §1, eff. 9/16/2014.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.129, SB 314, §1, eff. 9/28/2012.
Effective Date: 12-02-1996
Note: The amendment to this section by 129th General AssemblyFile No.10, SB 5, §1 was rejected by voters in the November, 2011 election.
Note: This section is set out twice. See also § 122.64 , effective until 9/16/2014.