(A) Prior to designating a new community action agency or rescinding a community action agency's designation, the community services division shall:
(1) Determine whether a community action agency is in compliance with section 122.69 of the Revised Code;
(2) Consult with the chief elected officials of political subdivisions located within a community action agency's service area, and, in designating a new community action agency, obtain their endorsement of the agency in accordance with division (A) of section 122.69 of the Revised Code;
(3) Hold at least one public meeting within a community action agency's service area for the purpose of allowing citizens to comment on the community action agency's delivery of services;
(4) Evaluate the proposed service area of the community action agency, and, as may be necessary, modify the boundaries of the service area so that low-income persons in the area are adequately and efficiently served.
(B) After providing notice and hearing pursuant to sections 119.01 to 119.13 of the Revised Code, the director of development services:
(1) May rescind the designation of a community action agency after finding that the agency is not in compliance with any or all of the provisions of section 122.69 of the Revised Code;
(2) Shall rescind the designation of a community action agency upon notification from the chief elected officials of more than one-half of the municipal corporations and the counties within a community currently served by a community action agency that such agency is not endorsed by them and after finding that the agency is not in compliance with section 122.69 of the Revised Code.
Any agency whose designation is rescinded pursuant to this section may appeal from an order rescinding such designation pursuant to section 119.12 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Effective Date: 10-08-1984