(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Eligible applicant" means a person or a political subdivision.
(2) "Eligible project" means a project that, upon completion, will be a site and facility primarily intended for commercial, industrial, or manufacturing use. "Eligible projects" do not include sites and facilities intended primarily for residential, retail, or government use.
(3) "Person" has the same meaning as in section 5701.01 of the Revised Code.
(4) "Political subdivision" means a municipal corporation, township, county, school district, or any other body corporate and politic responsible for governmental activities in a geographic area smaller than that of the state.
(5) "SiteOhio certification program" means the program created under this section.
(B) There is hereby created the SiteOhio certification program to certify and market eligible projects in the state. The program shall be administered by the department of development.
(C) An eligible applicant may apply to the director of development on forms prescribed by the director for the director to certify an eligible project. In addition to the application, the applicant shall submit any additional materials required by the director. The director shall establish scoring criteria, scoring instruments, and materials for use by the department of development in reviewing applications under the SiteOhio certification program. The content of the scoring criteria, scoring instruments, and materials shall be at the discretion of the director and may include, where practicable, evaluation of certain quality of life indicators and community assets. The scoring criteria, scoring instruments, and materials shall be published and made available with the application.
Subject to any limitations imposed under division (E)(2) of this section, the director shall approve an application and certify the applicant's eligible project if the applicant meets all of the scoring criteria established by the director.
(D) After the director of development certifies an eligible project, the project shall be listed on the department's web site. The director shall market certified eligible projects to interested persons.
(E) The director of development shall adopt rules under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code necessary to implement and operate the SiteOhio certification program. The rules may provide for eligible applicants for certification to be charged fees to cover administrative costs incurred by the department in the administration of this section. Any fees collected under this section shall be credited to the SiteOhio administration fund. The director may do either of the following:
(1) Contract with one or more persons to administer all or part of the SiteOhio certification program.
(2) Limit the number of eligible projects the director certifies according to the available resources and capabilities of the department.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.112,HB 436, §1, eff. 9/4/2012.