(A) The department of administrative services shall establish the central service agency to perform routine support for the following boards and commissions:
(1) Architects board;
(2) Barber board;
(3) State chiropractic board;
(4) State board of cosmetology;
(5) Accountancy board;
(6) State dental board;
(7) State board of optometry;
(8) Ohio occupational therapy, physical therapy, and athletic trainers board;
(9) State board of registration for professional engineers and surveyors;
(10) State board of sanitarian registration;
(11) Board of embalmers and funeral directors;
(12) State board of psychology;
(13) Ohio optical dispensers board;
(14) Board of speech pathology and audiology;
(15) Counselor, social worker, and marriage and family therapist board;
(16) State veterinary medical licensing board;
(17) Ohio board of dietetics;
(18) Commission on Hispanic-Latino affairs;
(19) Ohio respiratory care board;
(20) Ohio commission on African-American males;
(21) Chemical dependency professionals board.
(1) Notwithstanding any other section of the Revised Code, the agency shall perform the following routine support services for the boards and commissions named in division (A) of this section unless the controlling board exempts a board or commission from this requirement on the recommendation of the director of administrative services:
(a) Preparing and processing payroll and other personnel documents;
(b) Preparing and processing vouchers, purchase orders, encumbrances, and other accounting documents;
(c) Maintaining ledgers of accounts and balances;
(d) Preparing and monitoring budgets and allotment plans in consultation with the boards and commissions;
(e) Other routine support services that the director of administrative services considers appropriate to achieve efficiency.
(2) The agency may perform other services which a board or commission named in division (A) of this section delegates to the agency and the agency accepts.
(3) The agency may perform any service for any professional or occupational licensing board not named in division (A) of this section or any commission if the board or commission requests such service and the agency accepts.
(C) The director of administrative services shall be the appointing authority for the agency.
(D) The agency shall determine the fees to be charged to the boards and commissions, which shall be in proportion to the services performed for each board or commission.
(E) Each board or commission named in division (A) of this section and any other board or commission requesting services from the agency shall pay these fees to the agency from the general revenue fund maintenance account of the board or commission or from such other fund as the operating expenses of the board or commission are paid. Any amounts set aside for a fiscal year by a board or commission to allow for the payment of fees shall be used only for the services performed by the agency in that fiscal year. All receipts collected by the agency shall be deposited in the state treasury to the credit of the central service agency fund, which is hereby created. All expenses incurred by the agency in performing services for the boards or commissions shall be paid from the fund.
(F) Nothing in this section shall be construed as a grant of authority for the central service agency to initiate or deny personnel or fiscal actions for the boards and commissions.
Effective Date: 04-07-2003; 2008 SB225 06-20-2008