(A) The department of administrative services shall have supervision of all public printing except as follows:
(1) Printing for the general assembly shall be the sole responsibility of the clerk of the senate and the clerk of the house of representatives unless the clerk of the senate or the clerk of the house of representatives chooses either of the options specified in section 101.523 or 101.524 of the Revised Code.
(2) Printing for the Ohio arts council shall be under the supervision of the council.
(3) Printing for the capitol square review and advisory board shall be under the supervision of the board.
(4) Printing for the bureau of workers' compensation shall be under the supervision of the administrator of workers' compensation unless the administrator requests the department to supervise printing for the bureau.
(5) Printing for state-supported institutions of higher education shall be under the supervision of the department of purchasing of each such institution or the department or officer within each institution that performs the functions of a department of purchasing.
(B) The department of administrative services shall determine, except as otherwise specifically provided by law, the number of copies to be printed of each publication or document, the source of reproduction, the manner of binding, quality of paper, the general kind, size, and spacing of type to be used in all reports, publications, bulletins, documents, or pamphlets printed at public expense.
The department shall not use its authority to curtail the release of public information by any elected state official.
(C) For the purposes of sections 125.31 to 125.76 of the Revised Code, all functions, powers, and duties assigned to the department of administrative services are considered to be assigned to the division of state printing within the department of administrative services.
Effective Date: 03-09-1999