(A) Tender of delivery requires that the seller put and hold conforming goods at the buyer's disposition and give the buyer any notification reasonably necessary to enable the buyer to take delivery. The manner, time, and place for tender are determined by the agreement and sections 1302.01 to 1302.98, inclusive, of the Revised Code, and in particular:
(1) tender must be at a reasonable hour, and if it is of goods they must be kept available for the period reasonably necessary to enable the buyer to take possession; but
(2) unless otherwise agreed the buyer must furnish facilities reasonably suited to the receipt of the goods.
(C) Where the seller is required to deliver at a particular destination, tender requires that the seller comply with division (A) of this section and also in any appropriate case tender documents as described in divisions (D) and (E) of this section.
(D) Where goods are in the possession of a bailee and are to be delivered without being moved:
(1) tender requires that the seller either tender a negotiable document of title covering such goods or procure acknowledgment by the bailee of the buyer's right to possession of the goods; but
(2) tender to the buyer of a non-negotiable document of title or of a record directing the bailee to deliver is sufficient tender unless the buyer seasonably objects, and except as otherwise provided in Chapter 1309. of the Revised Code, receipt by the bailee of notification of the buyer's rights fixes those rights as against the bailee and all third persons; but risk of loss of the goods and of any failure by the bailee to honor the non-negotiable document of title or to obey the direction remains on the seller until the buyer has had a reasonable time to present the document or direction, and a refusal by the bailee to honor the document or to obey the direction defeats the tender.
(E) Where the contract requires the seller to deliver documents:
(2) tender through customary banking channels is sufficient and dishonor of a draft accompanying or associated with the documents constitutes nonacceptance or rejection.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 9, §1, eff. 6/29/2011.
Effective Date: 07-01-1962