(A) With regard to state agency use of electronic records or electronic signatures, the department of administrative services, in consultation with the state archivist, shall adopt rules in accordance with section 111.15 of the Revised Code setting forth all of the following:
(1) The minimum requirements for the method of creation, maintenance, and security of electronic records and electronic signatures;
(2) If electronic records must be signed by electronic means, all of the following:
(a) The type of electronic signature required;
(b) The manner and format in which the electronic signature must be affixed to the electronic record;
(c) The identity of, or criteria that must be met by, any third party used by the person filing a document to facilitate the process.
(3) Control processes and procedures as appropriate to ensure adequate preservation, disposition, integrity, security, confidentiality, and auditability of electronic records;
(4) Any other required attributes for electronic records that are specified for corresponding nonelectronic records or are reasonably necessary under the circumstances.
(1) The department of administrative services may adopt rules in accordance with section 111.15 of the Revised Code to ensure consistency and interoperability among state agencies with regard to electronic transactions, electronic signatures, and security procedures.
(2) If the department of administrative services adopts rules pursuant to division (B)(1) of this section, the department shall consider consistency in applications and interoperability with governmental agencies of this state, agencies of other states, the federal government, and nongovernmental persons to the extent practicable when adopting rules pursuant to that division.
(C) With regard to electronic transactions, electronic signatures, and security procedures, the department of administrative services may publish recommendations for governmental agencies and nongovernmental persons to promote consistency and interoperability among nongovernmental persons, agencies of this state and other states, and the federal government.
(D) For purposes of this section, "state agency" has the same meaning as in section 1306.20 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 09-14-2000