(A) Except as otherwise provided in division (B) of this section and division (B) of section 1309.312 of the Revised Code, a financing statement must be filed to perfect all security interests and agricultural liens.
(B) The filing of a financing statement is not necessary to perfect a security interest:
(1) That is perfected under division (D), (E), (F), or (G) of section 1309.308 of the Revised Code;
(2) That is perfected under section 1309.309 of the Revised Code when it attaches;
(3) In property subject to a statute, regulation, or treaty described in division (A) of section 1309.311 of the Revised Code;
(4) In goods in possession of a bailee which is perfected under division (D)(1) or (2) of section 1309.312 of the Revised Code;
(5) In certificated securities, documents, goods, or instruments which is perfected without filing, control, or possession under division (E), (F), or (G) of section 1309.312 of the Revised Code;
(6) In collateral in the secured party's possession under section 1309.313 of the Revised Code;
(7) In a certificated security perfected by delivery of the security certificate to the secured party under section 1309.313 of the Revised Code;
(8) In deposit accounts, electronic chattel paper, electronic documents, investment property, or letter-of-credit rights perfected by control under section 1309.314 of the Revised Code;
(9) In proceeds which is perfected under section 1309.315 of the Revised Code; or
(10) That is perfected under section 1309.316 of the Revised Code.
(C) If a secured party assigns a perfected security interest or agricultural lien, a filing under this chapter is not required to continue the perfected status of the security interest against creditors of and transferees from the original debtor.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 9, §1, eff. 6/29/2011.
Effective Date: 07-01-2001