(A) As used in this section, "notification date" means the earlier of the date on which:
(1) A secured party sends to the debtor and any secondary obligor an authenticated notification of disposition. or
(2) The debtor and any secondary obligor waive the right to notification.
(B) Except as provided in division (D) of this section, a secured party who disposes of collateral under section 1309.610 of the Revised Code shall send a reasonable authenticated notification of disposition to the persons specified in division (C) of this section.
(C) To comply with division (B) of this section, the secured party shall send an authenticated notification of disposition to:
(1) The debtor;
(2) Any secondary obligor; and
(3) If the collateral is other than consumer goods:
(a) Any other person from whom the secured party has received, before the notification date, an authenticated notification of a claim of an interest in the collateral;
(b) Any other secured party or lienholder who, ten days before the notification date, held a security interest in or other lien on the collateral perfected by the filing of a financing statement that:
(i) Identified the collateral;
(ii) Was indexed under the debtor's name as of that date; and
(iii) Was filed in the office in which to file a financing statement against the debtor covering the collateral as of that date; and
(c) Any other secured party who, ten days before the notification date, held a security interest in the collateral perfected by compliance with a statute, rule, or treaty described in division (A) of section 1309.311 of the Revised Code.
(D) Division (B) of this section does not apply if the collateral is perishable or threatens to decline speedily in value or is of a type customarily sold on a recognized market.
(E) A secured party complies with the requirement for notification prescribed by division (C)(3)(b) of this section if:
(1) Not later than twenty days nor earlier than thirty days before the notification date, the secured party requests, in a commercially reasonable manner, information concerning financing statements indexed under the debtor's name in the office indicated in division (C)(3)(b) of this section; and
(2) Before the notification date, the secured party:
(a) Did not receive a response to the request for information; or
(b) Received a response to the request for information and sent an authenticated notification of disposition to each secured party or other lienholder named in that response whose financing statement covered the collateral.
Effective Date: 07-01-2001