(A) As used in this section, "transfer statement" means a record authenticated by a secured party that states:
(1) The debtor has defaulted in connection with an obligation secured by specified collateral;
(2) The secured party has exercised its post-default remedies with respect to the collateral;
(3) By reason of the exercise, a transferee has acquired the rights of the debtor in the collateral; and
(4) The name and mailing address of the secured party, debtor, and transferee.
(B) A transfer statement entitles the transferee to the transfer of record of all rights of the debtor in the collateral specified in the statement in any official filing, recording, registration, or certificate of title system covering the collateral. If a transfer statement is presented with the applicable fee and request form to the official or office responsible for maintaining the system, the official or office shall:
(1) Accept the transfer statement;
(2) Promptly amend its records to reflect the transfer; and
(3) If applicable, issue a new appropriate certificate of title in the name of the transferee.
(C) A transfer of the record or legal title to collateral to a secured party under division (B) of this section or otherwise is not of itself a disposition of collateral under this chapter and does not of itself relieve the secured party of its duties under this chapter.
Cite as R.C. § 1309.619
History. Effective Date: 07-01-2001