(A) Mortgage loan originator applicants shall submit evidence acceptable to the superintendent of financial institutions that, except as set forth in division (D) of this section, the applicant has successfully completed at least twenty hours of pre-licensing instruction in a course or program of study reviewed and approved by the nationwide mortgage licensing system and registry.
(B) A person having successfully completed the pre-licensing education requirements reviewed and approved by the nationwide mortgage licensing system and registry for any state within the previous five years shall be granted credit toward completion of the pre-licensing education requirements of this state.
(C) Review and approval of a pre-licensing education course shall include review and approval of the course provider.
(D) Notwithstanding division (A) of this section, if the nationwide mortgage licensing system and registry fails to have in place an approval program to ensure that all pre-licensing education courses meet the criteria set forth in division (A) of this section, the superintendent shall require, until that program is in place, evidence that the applicant has successfully completed twenty hours of instruction in a course or program of study approved by the superintendent that consists of at least all of the following:
(1) Four hours of instruction concerning state and federal mortgage lending laws, which shall include no less than two hours on this chapter;
(2) Four hours of instruction concerning the Ohio consumer sales practices act, Chapter 1345. of the Revised Code, as it applies to registrants and licensees;
(3) Four hours of instruction concerning the loan application and closing process;
(4) Two hours of instruction concerning the underwriting process;
(5) Two hours of instruction concerning the secondary market for mortgage loans;
(6) Two hours of instruction covering basic mortgage financing concepts and terms;
(7) Two hours of instruction concerning the ethical responsibilities of a licensee, including with respect to confidentiality, consumer counseling, and the duties and standards of care created in section 1321.593 of the Revised Code.
Cite as R.C. § 1321.534
History. Added by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Related Legislative Provision: See 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §745.60.