(B) No mortgage broker, registrant, loan originator, or licensee shall do any of the following:
(1) Retain original documents provided to the mortgage broker, registrant, loan originator, or licensee by the buyer in connection with the residential mortgage loan application, including income tax returns, account statements, or other financial related documents;
(2) Receive, directly or indirectly, a premium on the fees charged for services performed by a bona fide third party;
(3) Pay or receive, directly or indirectly, a referral fee or kickback of any kind to or from a bona fide third party or other party with a related interest in the transaction, including a home improvement builder, real estate developer, or real estate broker or agent, for the referral of business.
(C) No registrant, through its operations manager or otherwise, shall fail to do either of the following:
(1) Reasonably supervise a loan originator or other persons associated with the registrant;
(2) Establish reasonable procedures designed to avoid violations of sections 1322.01 to 1322.12 of the Revised Code or rules adopted thereunder, or violations of applicable state and federal consumer and lending laws or rules, by loan originators or other persons associated with the registrant.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 05-02-2002
Related Legislative Provision: See 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §745.60.