(A) Chapter 133. securities shall be signed on behalf of the subdivision as follows:
(1) In the case of a municipal corporation, by the mayor or other chief executive officer and by the fiscal officer, or by any other officers who are designated to sign by the charter or legislation of its taxing authority;
(2) In the case of a county, by at least two members of its taxing authority and by the county auditor, or, in the case of a charter county, by those officers of the county who are designated to sign by the charter or legislation of its taxing authority;
(3) In the case of a school district, by the president or vice-president of the board of education and by its fiscal officer;
(4) In the case of a township, by at least two township trustees and by the township fiscal officer;
(5) In the case of a subdivision not referred to in divisions (B)(1) to (4) of this section, by the officer of the subdivision or taxing authority designated to sign by other law or, if there is no other law designating an officer, by the legislation authorizing the securities.
(B) If an officer designated to sign securities or interest coupons pursuant to division (A) or (E) of this section is for any reason unable or unavailable to so sign, another officer of the subdivision or taxing authority, designated by legislation passed by the taxing authority, may sign instead of that officer.
(C) All signatures required by this section may be facsimile signatures as provided for by sections 9.10, 9.11, and 9.96 of the Revised Code, unless the securities are issued in other than fully registered form, in which case at least one signature shall be a manual signature.
(D) If an officer who has signed, manually or by facsimile signature, any securities of a subdivision ceases to be such officer before the securities so signed have been actually delivered, the securities may nevertheless be issued and delivered as though the person who has so signed the securities had not ceased to be such officer. Any securities may be signed as provided in this section, on behalf of the subdivision, by an officer who is the proper officer of the subdivision or taxing authority on the actual date of signing of the securities, notwithstanding the fact that at the date of the securities or on the date of delivery of the securities that person was or is not the proper officer of the subdivision.
(E) Securities, other than fully registered securities, may, in the discretion of the taxing authority, have interest coupons attached or otherwise appertaining. The interest coupons shall be signed on behalf of the subdivision by the manual or facsimile signature of its fiscal officer.
Effective Date: 10-30-1989; 12-20-2005