As used in sections 1345.71 to 1345.78 of the Revised Code:
(A) "Consumer" means any of the following:
(1) The purchaser, other than for purposes of resale, of a motor vehicle;
(2) Any lessee of a motor vehicle in a contractual arrangement under which a charge is made for the use of the vehicle at a periodic rate for a term of thirty days or more, and title to the vehicle is in the name of a person other than the user;
(3) Any person to whom the motor vehicle is transferred during the duration of the express warranty that is applicable to the motor vehicle;
(4) Any other person who is entitled by the terms of the warranty to enforce the warranty.
(C) "Express warranty" and "warranty" mean the written warranty of the manufacturer or distributor of a new motor vehicle concerning the condition and fitness for use of the vehicle, including any terms or conditions precedent to the enforcement of obligations under that warranty.
(D) "Motor vehicle" means any passenger car or noncommercial motor vehicle or those parts of any motor home that are not part of the permanently installed facilities for cold storage, cooking and consuming of food, and for sleeping but does not mean any mobile home or recreational vehicle, or any manufactured home as defined in section 3781.06 of the Revised Code.
(E) "Nonconformity" means any defect or condition that substantially impairs the use, value, or safety of a motor vehicle to the consumer and does not conform to the express warranty of the manufacturer or distributor.
(F) "Full purchase price" means both of the following:
(1) In the case of a sale, the contract price for the motor vehicle, including charges for transportation, undercoating, dealer-installed options and accessories, dealer services, dealer preparation, and delivery charges; all finance, credit insurance, warranty, and service contract charges incurred by the consumer; and all sales tax, license and registration fees, and other government charges.
(2) In the case of a lease, the capitalized cost reduction, security deposit, taxes, title fees, all monthly lease payments, the residual value of the vehicle, and all finance, credit insurance, warranty, and service contract charges incurred by the consumer.
(G) "Buyback" means a motor vehicle that has been replaced or repurchased by a manufacturer as the result of a court judgment, a determination of an informal dispute settlement mechanism, or a settlement agreed to by a consumer regardless of whether it is in the context of a court, an informal dispute settlement mechanism, or otherwise, in this or any other state, in which the consumer has asserted that the motor vehicle does not conform to the warranty, has presented documentation to establish that a nonconformity exists pursuant to section 1345.72 or 1345.73 of the Revised Code, and has requested replacement or repurchase of the vehicle.
Effective Date: 09-15-1999