(2) On the death of a contributor prior to retirement;
(3) In the case of a contributor participating in the PERS defined benefit plan, on application of the contributor prior to attaining eligibility for age and service retirement;
(4) In the case of a contributor under section 145.38 or 145.383 of the Revised Code, on application of the contributor prior to attaining eligibility for a benefit under section 145.384 of the Revised Code;
(6) In the case of a contributor who has attained eligibility for an age and service retirement benefit or a benefit under section 145.384 of the Revised Code and is married, on application if the application is accompanied by a statement of the spouse's consent to the refund or the public employees retirement board waives the requirement that the spouse consent;
(7) In the case of a contributor who has attained eligibility for an age and service retirement benefit as a consequence of section 145.37 of the Revised Code and will receive a retirement or disability benefit from the state teachers retirement system or school employees retirement system but has not requested a transfer of funds to the other retirement system under division (B) (8) of section 145.37 of the Revised Code, at the time the public employees retirement system pays to the other retirement system the amount required under division (B) (6) of that section;
(8) In the case of a disability benefit recipient under section 145.36 of the Revised Code who is not eligible for an age and service retirement allowance, on the effective date of disability retirement.
(B) The consent of a spouse to a refund is valid only if it is in writing, signed, and witnessed by a notary public.
The board may waive the requirement of consent if the spouse is incapacitated or cannot be located or for any other reason specified by the board. Consent or waiver is effective only with regard to the spouse who is the subject of the consent or waiver.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 42, §1, eff. 3/23/2015.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.148, SB 343, §1, eff. 1/7/2013.
Effective Date: 04-06-2007