(A) The office of real estate and land management shall do all of the following:
(1) Except as otherwise provided in the Revised Code, coordinate and conduct all real estate functions for the department of natural resources, including acquiring land by purchase, lease, gift, devise, bequest, appropriation, or otherwise: administering grants through sales, leases, exchanges, easements, and licenses: performing inventories of land: and performing other related general management duties;
(2) Cooperate with federal agencies and political subdivisions in administering federal recreation moneys under the "Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965," 78 Stat. 897, 16 U.S.C. 4601-8, and prepare and distribute the statewide comprehensive outdoor recreation plan;
(3) Prepare special studies and execute any other duties, functions, and responsibilities requested by the director of natural resources;
(4) Administer the real estate services associated with canal lands on behalf of the director under Chapter 1520. of the Revised Code.
(B) The office may do any of the following:
(1) Coordinate environmental matters concerning the department and the state as are necessary to comply with the "National Environmental Policy Act of 1969," 83 Stat. 852, 42 U.S.C. 4321, the "Intergovernmental Cooperation Act of 1968," 82 Stat. 1098, 31 U.S.C. 6506, and the "Federal Water Pollution Control Act," 91 Stat. 1566 (1977), 33 U.S.C. 1251, and regulations adopted under those acts;
(2) Survey land;
(3) As considered necessary by the director, administer any state or federally funded grant program that is related to natural resources or recreation;
(4) Coordinate department projects, programs, policies, procedures, and activities with the United States army corps of engineers and other federal agencies;
(5) Coordinate department activities associated with the completion of drainage ditch improvements in accordance with Chapters 6131. and 6133. of the Revised Code;
(6) Prepare and distribute the statewide comprehensive outdoor recreation plan.
Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 293, §1, eff. 9/14/2016.