(A) The chief of the division of oil and gas resources management shall adopt, rescind, and amend, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, rules for the administration, implementation, and enforcement of this chapter. The rules shall include an identification of the subjects that the chief shall address when attaching terms and conditions to a permit with respect to a well and production facilities of a well that are located within an urbanized area or with respect to a horizontal well and production facilities associated with a horizontal well. The subjects shall include all of the following:
(1) Safety concerning the drilling or operation of a well;
(2) Protection of the public and private water supply, including the amount of water used and the source or sources of the water;
(3) Fencing and screening of surface facilities of a well;
(4) Containment and disposal of drilling and production wastes;
(5) Construction of access roads for purposes of the drilling and operation of a well;
(6) Noise mitigation for purposes of the drilling of a well and the operation of a well, excluding safety and maintenance operations.
No person shall violate any rule of the chief adopted under this chapter.
(1) Any order issuing, denying, or modifying a permit or notices required to be made by the chief pursuant to this chapter shall be made in compliance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, except that personal service may be used in lieu of service by mail. Every order issuing, denying, or modifying a permit under this chapter and described as such shall be considered an adjudication order for purposes of Chapter 119. of the Revised Code. Division (B)(1) of this section does not apply to a permit issued under section 1509.06 of the Revised Code.
(2) Where notice to the owners is required by this chapter, the notice shall be given as prescribed by a rule adopted by the chief to govern the giving of notices. The rule shall provide for notice by publication except in those cases where other types of notice are necessary in order to meet the requirements of the law.
(C) The chief or the chief's authorized representative may at any time enter upon lands, public or private, for the purpose of administration or enforcement of this chapter, the rules adopted or orders made thereunder, or terms or conditions of permits or registration certificates issued thereunder and may examine and copy records pertaining to the drilling, conversion, or operation of a well for injection of fluids and logs required by division (C) of section 1509.223 of the Revised Code. No person shall prevent or hinder the chief or the chief's authorized representative in the performance of official duties. If entry is prevented or hindered, the chief or the chief's authorized representative may apply for, and the court of common pleas may issue, an appropriate inspection warrant necessary to achieve the purposes of this chapter within the court's territorial jurisdiction.
(D) The chief may issue orders to enforce this chapter, rules adopted thereunder, and terms or conditions of permits issued thereunder. Any such order shall be considered an adjudication order for the purposes of Chapter 119. of the Revised Code. No person shall violate any order of the chief issued under this chapter. No person shall violate a term or condition of a permit or registration certificate issued under this chapter.
(E) Orders of the chief denying, suspending, or revoking a registration certificate; approving or denying approval of an application for revision of a registered transporter's plan for disposal; or to implement, administer, or enforce division (A) of section 1509.224 and sections 1509.22 , 1509.222 , 1509.223 , 1509.225 , and 1509.226 of the Revised Code pertaining to the transportation of brine by vehicle and the disposal of brine so transported are not adjudication orders for purposes of Chapter 119. of the Revised Code. The chief shall issue such orders under division (A) or (B) of section 1509.224 of the Revised Code, as appropriate.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.125,SB 315, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28,HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.27,SB 165, §1, eff. 6/30/2010.
Effective Date: 06-14-2000; 09-16-2004