As used in this chapter:
(A) "First purchaser" means:
(1) With regard to crude oil and condensate, the person to whom title first is transferred beyond the gathering tank or tanks, beyond the facility from which the crude oil was first produced, or both;
(2) With regard to natural gas, the person to whom title first is transferred beyond the inlet side of the measurement station from which the natural gas was first produced.
(B) "Producer" means a person who complies with all of the following:
(1) Produces oil or natural gas in this state;
(2) Derives a majority of income from ownership in properties producing oil or natural gas;
(3) Is the owner of record for the respective wells from which assessments are levied under this chapter.
(C) "Independent producer" means a producer that is not engaged in refining either oil or natural gas.
(D) "Qualified independent producer association" means an association that complies with all of the following:
(1) It is in existence on December 18, 1997.
(2) It is organized and operating within this state.
(3) A majority of the members of its governing body are independent producers.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 471, §1, eff. 12/19/2016.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 06-14-2000 .