As used in this chapter:
(A) "First purchaser" means:
(1) With regard to crude oil, the person to whom title first is transferred beyond the gathering tank or tanks, beyond the facility from which the crude oil was first produced, or both;
(2) With regard to natural gas, the person to whom title first is transferred beyond the inlet side of the measurement station from which the natural gas was first produced.
(B) "Independent producer" means a person who complies with both of the following:
(1) Produces oil or natural gas and is not engaged in refining either product;
(2) Derives a majority of income from ownership in properties producing oil or natural gas.
(C) "Qualified independent producer association" means an association that complies with all of the following:
(1) It is in existence on December 18, 1997.
(2) It is organized and operating within this state.
(3) A majority of the members of its governing body are independent producers.
(D) "Technical advisory council" or "council" means the technical advisory council created in the division of oil and gas resources management under section 1509.38 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28,HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 06-14-2000