(A) For the purpose of claiming a credit under section 5749.11 of the Revised Code, an operator with a valid permit issued under section 1513.07 of the Revised Code may submit an application to the chief of the division of mineral resources management to perform reclamation on land or water resources that are not within the area of the applicant's permit and that have been adversely affected by past coal mining for which the performance security was forfeited. The chief shall provide the application form. The application shall include all of the following:
(1) The operator's name, address, and telephone number;
(2) The valid permit number of the operator;
(3) An identification of the area or areas to be reclaimed;
(4) An identification of the owner of the land;
(5) A reclamation plan that describes the work to be done to reclaim the land or water resources. The plan shall include a description of how the plan is consistent with local physical, environmental, and climatological conditions and the measures to be taken during the reclamation to ensure the protection of water systems.
(6) An estimate of the total cost of the reclamation;
(7) An estimate of the timetables for accomplishing the reclamation;
(8) Any other requirements that the chief prescribes by rule.
The chief shall approve, disapprove, or approve with modifications the application concerning the proposed reclamation work. If the chief approves the application, the applicant may commence reclamation in accordance with the timetables included in the application. Upon the completion of the reclamation to the satisfaction of the chief, the chief shall issue a numbered reclamation tax credit certificate showing the amount of the credit and the identity of the recipient. Prior to the close of the fiscal quarter in which the tax credit certificate is issued, the chief shall certify to the tax commissioner the amount of the credit and the identity of the recipient.
(B) The chief shall determine the amount of the credit in accordance with this section and rules adopted under it. The amount of the credit shall be equal to the cost that the division of mineral resources management would have expended from the reclamation forfeiture fund created in section 1513.18 of the Revised Code to complete the reclamation.
(C) The chief shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code that are necessary to administer this section. The rules shall establish all of the following:
(1) A procedure that the chief shall use to determine the amount of the credit issued under this section;
(2) A procedure by which the chief may obtain consent of the owners of land or water resources to allow reclamation work for purposes of this section;
(3) A procedure for delivery of notice to the owners of land or water resources on which the reclamation work is to be performed. The rules shall require the notice to include the date on which the reclamation work is scheduled to begin.
Effective Date: 04-06-2007 .