(A) Owners and, if the owner has leased the land, the lessee, are not liable for injuries, death, or loss sustained by any permittee on their land if no charge has been made. By granting permission for entry, the owner or lessee does not:
(1) Extend to the permittee any assurance that the premises are safe for such purposes;
(2) Confer on the permittee the legal status of an invitee or licensee to whom a duty of care is owed;
(3) Assume responsibility for or incur liability for any injury, death, or loss to person or property caused by an act or omission of a permittee.
(B) This section does not limit the liability which otherwise exists for injury, death, or loss to persons or property caused by an act or omission of the owner or lessee as follows:
(1) Negligent failure to warn the permittee against a hazard of which the owner or lessee had actual knowledge prior to the permittee's entry on the land;
(2) Willful or wanton misconduct;
(3) Intentionally tortious conduct.
Effective Date: 03-22-1989 .