(A) Whenever any building or structure for the use of the state or any institution supported in whole or in part by the state or in or upon the public works of the state that is administered by the Ohio facilities construction commission or by any other state officer or state agency authorized by law to administer a project, including an educational institution listed in section 3345.50 of the Revised Code, is to be erected or constructed, whenever additions, alterations, or structural or other improvements are to be made, or whenever heating, cooling, or ventilating plants or other equipment is to be installed or material supplied therefor, the estimated cost of which amounts to two hundred thousand dollars or more, or the amount determined pursuant to section 153.53 of the Revised Code or more, each officer, board, or other authority upon which devolves the duty of constructing, erecting, altering, or installing the same, referred to in sections 153.01 to 153.60 of the Revised Code as the public authority, shall cause to be made, by an architect or engineer whose contract of employment shall be prepared and approved by the attorney general, the following:
(1) Full and accurate plans, suitable for the use of mechanics and other builders in the construction, improvement, addition, alteration, or installation;
(2) Details to scale and full-sized, so drawn and represented as to be easily understood;
(3) Definite and complete specifications of the work to be performed, together with directions that will enable a competent mechanic or other builder to carry them out and afford bidders all needful information;
(4) A full and accurate estimate of each item of expense and the aggregate cost of those items of expense;
(5) A life-cycle cost analysis;
(6) Further data as may be required by the Ohio facilities construction commission.
(1) Division (A) of this section shall not be required with respect to a construction management contract entered into with a construction manager at risk as described in section 9.334 of the Revised Code or a design-build contract entered into with a design-build firm as described in section 153.693 of the Revised Code.
(2) Nothing in this chapter shall interfere with the power of the director of transportation to prepare plans for, acquire rights-of-way for, construct, or maintain roads, highways, or bridges, or to let contracts for those purposes.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 7, HB 51, §101.01, eff. 7/1/2013.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 09-14-2000 .