(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Available community or technical college receipts" means all money received by a community or technical college or community or technical college district, including income, revenues, and receipts from the operation, ownership, or control of facilities, grants, gifts, donations, and pledges and receipts therefrom, receipts from fees and charges, the allocated state share of instruction as defined in section 3333.59 of the Revised Code, and the proceeds of the sale of obligations, including proceeds of obligations issued to refund obligations previously issued, but excluding any special fee, and receipts therefrom, charged pursuant to division (D) of section 154.21 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Community or technical college," "college," "community or technical college district," and "district" have the same meanings as in section 3333.59 of the Revised Code.
(3) "Community or technical college capital facilities" means auxiliary facilities, education facilities, and housing and dining facilities, as those terms are defined in section 3345.12 of the Revised Code, to the extent permitted to be financed by the issuance of obligations under division (A)(2) of section 3357.112 of the Revised Code, that are authorized by sections 3354.121, 3357.112, and 3358.10 of the Revised Code to be financed by obligations issued by a community or technical college district, and for which the issuing authority is authorized to issue obligations pursuant to this section, and includes any one, part of, or any combination of the foregoing, and further includes site improvements, utilities, machinery, furnishings, and any separate or connected buildings, structures, improvements, sites, open space and green space areas, utilities, or equipment to be used in, or in connection with the operation or maintenance of, or supplementing or otherwise related to the services or facilities to be provided by, such facilities.
(4) "Cost of community or technical college capital facilities" means the costs of acquiring, constructing, reconstructing, rehabilitating, remodeling, renovating, enlarging, improving, equipping, or furnishing community or technical college capital facilities, and the financing thereof, including the cost of clearance and preparation of the site and of any land to be used in connection with community or technical college capital facilities, the cost of any indemnity and surety bonds and premiums on insurance, all related direct administrative expenses and allocable portions of direct costs of the commission and the issuing authority, community or technical college or community or technical college district, cost of engineering, architectural services, design, plans, specifications and surveys, estimates of cost, legal fees, fees and expenses of trustees, depositories, bond registrars, and paying agents for obligations, cost of issuance of obligations and financing costs and fees and expenses of financial advisers and consultants in connection therewith, interest on obligations from the date thereof to the time when interest is to be covered by available receipts or other sources other than proceeds of those obligations, amounts necessary to establish reserves as required by the bond proceedings, costs of audits, the reimbursements of all moneys advanced or applied by or borrowed from the community or technical college, community or technical college district, or others, from whatever source provided, including any temporary advances from state appropriations, for the payment of any item or items of cost of community or technical college facilities, and all other expenses necessary or incident to planning or determining feasibility or practicability with respect to such facilities, and such other expenses as may be necessary or incident to the acquisition, construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, remodeling, renovation, enlargement, improvement, equipment, and furnishing of community or technical college capital facilities, the financing thereof and the placing of them in use and operation, including any one, part of, or combination of such classes of costs and expenses.
(5) "Capital facilities" includes community or technical college capital facilities.
(6) "Obligations" has the same meaning as in section 154.01 or 3345.12 of the Revised Code, as the context requires.
(B) The issuing authority is authorized to issue revenue obligations under Section 2i of Article VIII, Ohio Constitution, on behalf of a community or technical college district and shall cause the net proceeds thereof, after any deposits of accrued interest for the payment of bond service charges and after any deposit of all or such lesser portion as the issuing authority may direct of the premium received upon the sale of those obligations for the payment of the bond service charges, to be applied to the cost of community or technical college capital facilities, provided that the issuance of such obligations is subject to the execution of a written agreement in accordance with division (C) of section 3333.59 of the Revised Code for the withholding and depositing of funds otherwise due the district, or the college it operates, in respect of its allocated state share of instruction.
(C) The bond service charges and all other payments required to be made by the trust agreement or indenture securing the obligations shall be payable solely from available community or technical college receipts pledged thereto as provided in the resolution. The available community or technical college receipts pledged and thereafter received by the commission are immediately subject to the lien of such pledge without any physical delivery thereof or further act, and the lien of any such pledge is valid and binding against all parties having claims of any kind against the authority, irrespective of whether those parties have notice thereof, and creates a perfected security interest for all purposes of Chapter 1309. of the Revised Code and a perfected lien for purposes of any real property interest, all without the necessity for separation or delivery of funds or for the filing or recording of the resolution, trust agreement, indenture, or other agreement by which such pledge is created or any certificate, statement, or other document with respect thereto; and the pledge of such available community or technical college receipts is effective and the money therefrom and thereof may be applied to the purposes for which pledged. Every pledge, and every covenant and agreement made with respect to the pledge, made in the resolution may therein be extended to the benefit of the owners and holders of obligations authorized by this section, and to any trustee therefor, for the further securing of the payment of the bond service charges, and all or any rights under any agreement or lease made under this section may be assigned for such purpose.
(D) This section is to be applied with other applicable provisions of this chapter.
Cite as R.C. § 154.25
History. Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 1/1/2012.