(A) An application for a certificate of title shall be sworn to before a notary public or other officer empowered to administer oaths by the lawful owner or purchaser of the watercraft or outboard motor and shall contain the following information in the form and together with any other information that the chief of the division of watercraft may require:
(1) Name, address, and social security number or employer's tax identification number of the applicant;
(2) Statement of how the watercraft or outboard motor was acquired;
(3) Name and address of the previous owner;
(4) A statement of all liens, mortgages, or other encumbrances on the watercraft or outboard motor, including a description of the nature and amount of each lien, mortgage, or encumbrance, and the name and address of each holder of the lien, mortgage, or encumbrance;
(5) If there are no outstanding liens, mortgages, or other encumbrances, a statement of that fact;
(6) A description of the watercraft, including the make, year, length, series or model, if any, body type, and hull identification number or serial number; or a description of the outboard motor, including the make, year, series or model, if any, manufacturer's serial number, and horsepower;
(7) The purchase price, trade-in allowed, and amount of sales or use tax paid under Chapter 5739. or 5741. of the Revised Code.
(B) If the application is made by two persons regarding a watercraft or outboard motor in which they wish to establish joint ownership with right of survivorship, they may do so as provided in section 2131.12 of the Revised Code.
(D) If the watercraft or outboard motor contains a permanent identification number placed on the watercraft or outboard motor by the manufacturer, this number shall be used as the serial number or hull identification number. If there is no manufacturer's identification number, or if the manufacturer's identification number has been removed or obliterated, the chief, upon receipt of a prescribed application and proof of ownership, may assign an identification number for the watercraft or outboard motor, and this number shall be permanently affixed or imprinted by the applicant, at the place and in the manner designated by the chief, upon the watercraft or outboard motor for which it is assigned.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 53, §101.01, eff. 7/1/2015.
Effective Date: 07-23-2002