(A) As used in this section, "tag lines" and "tie-off lines" have the same meanings as in rules adopted under this section.
(B) The operator of an underground coal mine shall provide tag lines or tie-off lines for each miner at the mine. The operator shall provide and employees of the mine shall use tag lines or tie-off lines in accordance with requirements and procedures established in rules adopted under this section.
(C) The chief of the division of mineral resources management, in consultation with a statewide association representing the coal mining industry and a statewide association representing employees of coal mines, shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code concerning the use of tag lines or tie-off lines in an underground coal mine. The rules shall include all of the following:
(1) A definition of "tag line" and of "tie-off line";
(2) A description or list of acceptable tag lines and tie-off lines;
(3) Procedures and requirements for the use of tag lines and tie-off lines;
(4) Procedures for the approval and inspection of the use of tag lines and tie-off lines in a mine;
(5) Any other requirements concerning tag lines or tie-off lines that the chief determines are necessary.
(D) No operator of a mine shall refuse or neglect to comply with this section or rules adopted under it.
Cite as R.C. § 1567.64
History. Effective Date: 2008 SB323 06-11-2008