(A) A natural resources assistance council shall review each application for a grant submitted under section 164.23 of the Revised Code. In reviewing an application and for the purpose of determining whether to approve or disapprove the application, a council shall consider all of the following criteria:
(2) The amount of funding that is necessary for the completion of the project;
(3) The amount and percentage of the matching funds provided under the proposal;
(4) The level of coordination among local political subdivisions, state agencies, federal agencies, community organizations, conservation organizations, and local business groups;
(5) The level of coordination with projects being undertaken under the jurisdiction of other natural resources assistance councils throughout the state under sections 164.20 to 164.27 of the Revised Code or with projects being undertaken under sections 122.65 to 122.658 of the Revised Code;
(6) The relative economic, social, and environmental benefits that the proposed project will bring to the geographical area represented by the council as compared to other proposed projects;
(8) Whether the general public will be given access to the project area upon the completion of the project;
(10) The readiness of the applicant to proceed with the project;
(11) Any other factors that are relevant to the project.
(B) A natural resources assistance council shall establish a prioritization and selection methodology system for applications submitted under section 164.23 of the Revised Code. The methodology shall be submitted to and approved by the director of the Ohio public works commission.
(C) In accordance with the methodology system established and approved under division (B) of this section, a natural resources assistance council shall approve or disapprove an application for a grant submitted to it after consideration of all of the criteria specified in divisions (A)(1) to (11) of this section. If the council approves an application, the council shall submit a copy of the application, along with all accompanying materials, to the Ohio public works commission for final approval or disapproval.
Effective Date: 07-26-2001