(A) No person shall operate an amusement ride powered from an electric light company source unless the amusement ride operates through a fusible switch, enclosed circuit breaker, or panelboard that has been:
(1) Rated by the underwriters laboratories for service entrance applications;
(2) Installed in compliance with the national electrical code;
(3) Metered through a meter installed by the electric light company.
(B) An amusement ride owner shall not use an electric light company source as described in division (A) of this section unless the owner has written certification that the fusible switch, enclosed circuit breaker, or panelboard satisfies the requirements established in divisions (A)(1) to (3) of this section and that is issued by a person certified under section 3783.03 or licensed under section 4740.06 of the Revised Code. The owner shall make the certificate available to the director of agriculture upon request.
(C) This section does not apply to either of the following types of amusement rides:
(1) Rides that do not require electrical current;
(2) Rides that the director exempts in rules the director adopts.
Cite as R.C. § 1711.531
History. Effective Date: 09-29-2005