(A) The department of aging may pay a person or government entity for providing community-based long-term care services under a program the department administers, even though the person or government entity is not certified under section 173.391 of the Revised Code, if all of the following are the case:
(1) The person or government entity has a contract with the department of aging or the department's designee to provide the services in accordance with the contract or has received a grant from the department or its designee to provide the services in accordance with a grant agreement;
(2) The contract or grant agreement includes detailed conditions of participation for providers of services under a program the department administers and service standards that the person or government entity is required to satisfy;
(3) The person or government entity complies with the contract or grant agreement;
(4) The contract or grant is not for medicaid-funded services, other than services provided under the PACE program administered by the department of aging under section 173.50 of the Revised Code.
(B) The director of aging shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code governing both of the following:
(1) Contracts and grant agreements between the department of aging or its designee and persons and government entities regarding community-based long-term care services provided under a program the department administers;
(2) The department's payment for community-based long-term care services under this section.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 09-29-2005