The department of medicaid shall create the choices program. In creating the choices program, the department of medicaid shall collaborate with the department of aging. Subject to division (B) of this section:
(1) The choices program shall provide home and community-based services ;
(2) The department of aging shall administer the choices program through a contract entered into with the department of medicaid under section 5162.35 of the Revised Code ;
(3) The choices program shall be available statewide.
(B) If the unified long-term services and support medicaid waiver component is created, the departments of aging and medicaid shall collaborate to determine whether the choices program should continue to operate as a separate medicaid waiver component or be terminated. If the departments determine that the choices program should be terminated, the program shall cease to exist on a date the departments shall specify.
(C) If the choices program is terminated pursuant to division (B) of this section or for another reason, not sooner than six months before the date on which the program ceases to exist, the director of aging may do both of the following:
(1) Suspend new enrollments in the choices program;
(2) Transfer participants of the choices program to the following:
(a) Except as provided in division (C)(2)(b) of this section, the medicaid-funded component of the PASSPORT program created under section 173.52 of the Revised Code;
(b) If the medicaid-funded component of the PASSPORT program is terminated pursuant to division (C) of section 173.52 of the Revised Code, the unified long-term services and support medicaid waiver component.
History. Renumbered from § 173.403 and amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Added by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.