(A) An individual who is an applicant for or participant or former participant in the state-funded component of the assisted living program may appeal an adverse action taken or proposed to be taken by the department of aging or an entity designated by the department concerning participation in or services provided under the component if the action will result in any of the following:
(1) Denial of enrollment or continued enrollment in the component;
(2) Denial of or reduction in the amount of services requested by or offered to the individual under the component;
(3) Assessment of any patient liability payment pursuant to rules adopted by the department under this section.
The appeal shall be made in accordance with section 173.56 of the Revised Code and rules adopted pursuant to that section.
(B) An individual who is an applicant for or participant or former participant in the state-funded component of the assisted living program may not bring an appeal under this or any other section of the Revised Code if any of the following is the case:
(1) The individual has voluntarily withdrawn the application for enrollment in the component;
(2) The individual has voluntarily terminated enrollment in the component;
(3) The individual agrees with the action being taken or proposed;
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.