(A) There is hereby created the housing trust fund advisory committee . The committee consists of fourteen members the governor appoints as follows to represent organizations committed to housing and housing assistance for low- and moderate-income persons:
(1) One member to represent lenders.
(2) One member to represent for-profit builders and developers.
(3) One member to represent the families and individuals included in the income groups targeted for housing and housing assistance under divisions (E) and (F) of section 174.03 of the Revised Code.
(4) One member to represent religious, civic, or social service organizations.
(5) One member to represent counties.
(6) One member to represent municipal corporations.
(7) One member to represent townships.
(8) One member to represent local housing authorities.
(9) One member to represent fair housing organizations.
(10) Three members to represent nonprofit organizations.
(11) One member to represent real estate brokers licensed under Chapter 4735. of the Revised Code.
(12) One member to represent the for-profit rental housing industry. (B)(1) Terms of office are for four years, with each term ending on the same day of the same month as did the term that it succeeds. Each member shall hold office from the date of appointment until the end of the term for which the member was appointed. Vacancies shall be filled in the manner prescribed for the original appointment. A member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of a term shall hold office for the remainder of that term. A member shall continue in office subsequent to the expiration of a term until a successor takes office or until a period of sixty days has elapsed, whichever occurs first.
(2) The governor may remove a member for misfeasance, malfeasance, or willful neglect of duty.
(1) The committee shall select a chairperson from among its members. The committee shall meet at least once each calendar year and upon the call of the chair. Members of the committee serve without compensation, but shall be reimbursed for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred in the discharge of duties.
(2) The department of development shall provide the committee with a meeting place, supplies, and staff assistance as the committee requests.
(D) The committee shall assist the department and the Ohio housing finance agency in defining housing needs and priorities, recommend to the department and agency at least annually how the programs developed under section 174.02 of the Revised Code should be designed to most effectively benefit low- and moderate-income persons, consider an allocation of funds for projects of fifteen units or less, and advise the director of development on whether and how to reallocate money in the low- and moderate-income housing trust fund under division (B) of section 174.02 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 07-01-2005; 2007 HB119 09-29-2007
Related Legislative Provision: See 129th General AssemblyFile No.39,SB 171, §4