(1) Prior to entering into a participation contract with a provider under section 1751.13 of the Revised Code, a health insuring corporation shall disclose basic information regarding its programs and procedures to the provider. The information shall include all of the following:
(a) How a participating provider is reimbursed for the participating provider's services, including the range and structure of any financial risk sharing arrangements, a description of any incentive plans, and, if reimbursed according to a type of fee-for-service arrangement, the level of reimbursement for the participating provider's services;
(b) Insofar as division (A)(1) of section 3963.03 of the Revised Code is applicable, all of the information that is described in that division and is not included in division (A)(1)(a) of this section.
(2) Prior to entering into a participation contract with a provider under section 1751.13 of the Revised Code, a health insuring corporation shall disclose the following information upon the provider's request:
(a) How referrals to other participating providers or to nonparticipating providers are made;
(b) The availability of dispute resolution procedures and the potential for cost to be incurred;
(c) How a participating provider's name and address will be used in marketing materials.
(B) A health insuring corporation shall provide all of the following to a participating provider:
(1) Any material incorporated by reference into the participation contract, that is not otherwise available as a public record, if such material affects the participating provider;
(2) Administrative manuals related to provider participation, if any;
(4) A signed and dated copy of the final participation contract.
(C) Nothing in this section requires a health insuring corporation providing specialty health care services or supplemental health care services to disclose the health insuring corporation's aggregate maximum allowable fee table used to determine providers' fees or fee schedules.
Effective Date: 10-01-1998; 2008 HB125 06-25-2008 .