Effective January 1, 2010, Chapter 1775 is repealed and no longer governs partnerships. 2008 HB332.
(A) To become a domestic limited liability partnership, a partnership shall file with the secretary of state a registration application on a form prescribed by the secretary of state that contains only the following information:
(1) The name of the partnership;
(2) The address of the partnership's principal office, or, if the partnership's principal office is not located in this state, the address of the partnership office filing for registration and the name and address of a statutory agent for service of process within this state;
(3) A brief statement of the business in which the partnership engages;
(4) A statement indicating that the partnership is applying for status as a limited liability partnership;
(5) The effective date of the registration, which date may be on or after the date of the filing of the registration application.
(B) Every partnership filing a registration application whose principal place of business is not in this state shall have and maintain a statutory agent upon whom any process, notice, or demand may be served.
(C) The registration application shall be executed by a majority in interest of the partners or by one or more partners authorized by the partnership to execute a registration application.
(E) The secretary of state shall register as a registered limited liability partnership, any partnership that submits a completed registration application with the required fee.
(F) The partnership becomes a registered limited liability partnership upon filing its completed registration application and the required fee with the secretary of state or at any later date or time specified in the registration application. The status of a partnership as a limited liability partnership shall not be adversely affected by minor errors or subsequent changes in the information provided in a registration application filed pursuant to division (A) of this section.
(G) If any statement in the application for registration of a domestic limited liability partnership was materially false when made or if any facts described have changed, thereby making the application inaccurate in any material respect, the domestic limited liability partnership shall promptly file with the secretary of state a certificate correcting the application on a form prescribed by the secretary of state and the certificate shall be signed by one or more partners authorized by the partnership to execute such a statement of correction.
(H) Registration as a domestic limited liability partnership ceases if either of the following occurs:
(1) The registration is voluntarily withdrawn by filing with the secretary of state, on a form prescribed by the secretary of state, a written withdrawal notice executed by a majority in interest of the partners or by one or more partners authorized by the partnership to execute a withdrawal notice;
Cite as R.C. § 1775.61
History. Effective Date: 07-29-1998; 2008 HB332 01-01-2010