Effective January 1, 2010, Chapter 1775 is repealed and no longer governs partnerships. 2008 HB332.
(A) Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited liability partnership shall file a registration application with the secretary of state. The application shall be on a form prescribed by the secretary of state and shall set forth only the following information:
(1) The name of the partnership;
(2) The jurisdiction pursuant to the laws of which it was organized as a limited liability partnership;
(3) The address of its principal office or, if the partnership's principal office is not located in this state, the address of a registered office;
(4) The name and address of its agent for service of process in this state;
(5) A brief statement of the business in which the partnership engages.
(C) A foreign limited liability partnership transacting business in this state shall comply with the name, correction, and reporting requirements set forth in division (G) of section 1775.61 , divisions (B) and (C) of section 1775.62 , and section 1775.63 of the Revised Code and shall comply with any statutory or administrative registration or filing requirements governing the specific type of business in which the partnership engages.
(D) The secretary of state shall register as a foreign limited liability partnership, any foreign limited liability partnership that submits a completed registration application with the required fee.
(E) Registration as a foreign limited liability partnership ceases if the registration is voluntarily withdrawn by filing with the secretary of state, on a form prescribed by the secretary of state, a written withdrawal notice signed by one or more partners authorized by the partnership to execute a withdrawal notice.
Effective Date: 05-16-2002; 2008 HB332 01-01-2010