(A) A foreign limited liability partnership shall file a statement of foreign qualification with the secretary of state prior to transacting any business in this state. The statement shall contain all of the following:
(1) The name of the foreign limited liability partnership. The name shall satisfy the requirements of the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it is formed and shall end with "registered limited liability partnership," "limited liability partnership," "R.L.L.P.," "L.L.P.," "RLLP," or "LLP."
(2) The street address of the partnership's chief executive office and, if the partnership's chief executive office is not in this state, the street address of any partnership office in this state;
(3) If there is no office of the partnership in this state, the name and street address of the partnership's agent for service of process;
(4) Any deferred effective date;
(5) Evidence of existence in its jurisdiction of origin.
(B) The agent of a foreign limited liability partnership for service of process shall be an individual who is a resident of this state or another person authorized to do business in this state.
(C) The status of a partnership as a foreign limited liability partnership is effective on the later of the filing of the statement of foreign qualification or a date specified in the statement. The status remains effective, regardless of changes in the partnership, until it is canceled pursuant to division (D) of section 1776.05 of the Revised Code or revoked pursuant to section 1776.83 of the Revised Code.
(D) An amendment or cancellation of a statement of foreign qualification is effective when it is filed or on a deferred effective date specified in the amendment or cancellation.
Effective Date: 2008 HB332 08-06-2008