(A) A certificate of limited partnership shall be amended by filing a certificate of amendment with the secretary of state. The certificate of amendment shall be on a form prescribed by the secretary of state and shall state all of the following:
(1) The name of the limited partnership and the file number assigned to it by the secretary of state;
(2) The date of the first filing of the certificate of limited partnership and, if different, the date of the first filing by the partnership with the secretary of state pursuant to section 1782.63 of the Revised Code;
(3) The amendment to the certificate of limited partnership.
(B) Within thirty days after the occurrence of any of the following events, an amendment to a certificate of limited partnership reflecting the occurrence of the event shall be filed pursuant to division (A) of this section:
(1) A new general partner is admitted;
(2) A general partner withdraws;
(4) The address of the principal place of business of the limited partnership changes;
(5) The name of the limited partnership changes.
(C) A general partner who becomes aware that any statement in the certificate of limited partnership was materially false when made or that any arrangements or other facts described have changed, thereby making the certificate materially inaccurate, promptly shall amend the certificate.
(D) A certificate of limited partnership may be amended at any time for any other proper purpose the general partners determine.
(E) A person is not liable because an amendment to a certificate of limited partnership has not been filed to reflect the occurrence of an event referred to in division (B) of this section if the amendment is filed within the thirty-day period specified in that division.
(F) A certificate of limited partnership may be restated at any time by filing a restatement of the certificate of limited partnership with the secretary of state.
Cite as R.C. § 1782.09
History. Effective Date: 06-06-2001